Only one device version for linear and rotary part-turn actuators
Choice of 0/4-20 mA with or without HART or Profibus PA
1. SIPART PS2 is currently the most widely used positioner for
linear and part-turn actuators in a wide range of process
industries. This is not without reason. The proven all-round design
has a particularly flexible stroke range, intelligent diagnostics,
and communicates either via HART, PROFIBUS PA or Foundation
Fieldbus. What has been proven so often is certainly the correct
2. Designed in a Macrolon, aluminum or stainless steel casing, the
SIPART PS2 positioners are suitable for all applications. Designed
as standard with IP66 or NEMA 4x degree of protection, they are
resistant to even the most hostile environments. SIPART PS2 is also
available with an explosion-proof enclosure with EExd IIC T4-T6
type of protection.
3. SIPART PS2 exhibits its communicative side in dialog with
higher-level systems. It can be integrated into the communications
landscape via PROFIBUS PA, Foundation Fieldbus or HART protocol.
With HART and PROFIBUS, it is also possible to apply SIMATIC PDM to
clearly display and document saved trends, histograms, as well as
commissioning and operating data.
4. If you would like to test your solenoid valve or replace its
function by a positioner, SIPART PS2 prevents valves from closing
or monitors open/close valves as an "intelligent solenoid valve.
5. By means of a regular partial stroke test, SIPART PS2 ensures
that ESD valves (emergency shutdown) and other open/close automated
valves remain movable in the event of an emergency. The attached
solenoid valve can also be tested.
6. SIPART PS2 is equipped with comprehensive diagnostics functions
as standard. In order to provide advanced warning of expensive
failures during operation, our positioners continuously check the
actuator and valve.
The SIPART PS2 positioner is used, for example, in the following
3)Paper and glass
4)Water, waste water
SIPART PS2 Ex d electropneumatic positioner in flameproof aluminium
enclosure (Ex d)
1)Food and pharmaceuticals
The SIPART PS2 positioner is available:
1)For single-acting actuators: In Makrolon, stainless steel or
aluminum enclosure, as well as flameproof aluminum enclosure(Exd)
2)For double-acting actuators: In Makrolon enclosure, stainless
steel enclosure and flameproof aluminum enclosure (Exd)
3)For non-hazardous applications
4)For hazardous applications in the versions
-Type of protection intrinsic safety "Ex i"
-Type of protection flameproof enclosure "Ex d" in flameproof
-Type of protection non-sparking "Ex nA", energy-limited "ExnL",
dust protection via enclosure "Ex tD"
|Setpoint signal:||0/4–20 mA analog, HART, PROFIBUS PA or Foundation Fieldbus protocol|
|Stroke range:||3 mm to 130 mm
0.1 inch (1/8”) to 7.9 inch (7.5”) (larger strokes
|Slewing angle range:||30° to 100°|
|Ambient temperature:||-30 °C to +80 °C (-22 °F to 176 °F) (other temperature ranges on
|Required air quality||Class 2 in accordance with ISO 8573-1|
|Max air bleed in settled state||< 0.036 m3n/h (0.02 scfm)|
• Standard Macrolon enclosure to IP66/NEMA 4x protection, with
optional aluminum or
• stainless steel enclosure
• Versions with external non-contacting travel sensors
• High flexibility in the stroke range from 3 to 200 mm (0.1 to 7.9
inch) (more on request)
• Communication via PROFIBUS PA, Foundation Fieldbus or HART
• Intelligent diagnostics functions
• EEx d explosion-proof version